Cauliflower Crust Quiche! Gluten free, paleo, keto… 20 min prep, bake for 40 minutes!
2 cups Riced Cauliflower
8 large whole egg
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup Almond Milk
2 tbsp olive oil
4 clove garlic
1/4 cup White Onion
2 cups Organic Baby Spinach
1/2 cup Cremini Mushrooms
1/2 cup Shiitake Mushrooms, Sliced
1 cup Artichoke Hearts
2 tbsp Crumbled Feta Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place a baking sheet in the oven to heat. This will jump-start the baking of the crust from both the top and bottom and make it easier to remove the finished quiche from the oven later.
2. Bring about 1-inch of water to a simmer in a pot over medium heat. Pour in cauliflower rice or 1/2 head of grated cauliflower (it may not be covered by the water) and let cauliflower cook, stirring, frequently, until soft — about 8 minutes.
3. Drain cauliflower rice in a colander lined with a thin, non-terry dishcloth (or cheesecloth). Twist the dishcloth to wring out as much water from the cauliflower rice as possible.
4. In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower rice with 2 egg whites, saving the yolks to add to the quiche mixture. Add Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast, salt and cumin. Pour cauliflower crust mixture into a greased pie pan or tart plate and press into bottom and up sides of pan. Place pan in oven on baking sheet and bake until light golden — about 10 minutes.
5. Remove baked crust from oven and turn down the oven heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Scatter onions over hot crust, followed by baby spinach leaves, mushrooms and artichoke hearts.
6. In a large bowl (you can use the same bowl you used for the crust; it is ok if there are bits of cauliflower and egg in there), whisk together 6 large eggs, the 2 reserved egg yolks from the crust, almond milk and minced garlic.
7. Pour egg mixture into crust. Tap gently on the counter top to release any bubbles in the egg mixture.
8. Place the tart pan back onto the heated baking sheet in the oven. Bake quiche until eggs are set, about 40 minutes. Remove quiche from oven, sprinkle with feta cheese. Let cool, and garnish with chopped fresh herbs.